The 12 Little Things We Can Do For Our Country
Small Acts of Patriotism
1st : Follow traffic rules. Follow the law
- Traffic rules are the most basic of our country’s laws. If we learn to follow them, it could be the lowest form of national discipline we can develop as a people. A culture of discipline is crucial to our destiny as a nation.
- Whenever we follow traffic rules, we show our love for our neighbor, our love for the Filipino.
2nd : Always ask for an official receipt
- Asking for ORs leads to higher tax collections, which means more funds for our government, which could strengthen our economy and lead us to progress.
- Whenever we help our government in helping our people, we show our love for our neighbor.
3rd : Don’t buy smuggled goods. Buy Local. Buy Filipino
- Our money should support our economy, not the economy of other countries. Buying Pilipino means supporting the Filipino.
- Whenever we support one another as Filipinos, we show our love for our neighbors.
4th : Speak positively about us and our country
- Every Filipino is an ambassador of our country. Each one of us, wherever we maybe, is a salesman of our country.
- Whenever we speak positively of our people, we show our love for our neighbors.
5th : Respect your traffic officer, policeman & other public servants
- Respect honors and dignifies a man. It compels him to do his job right.
- There is love of neighbor whenever we respect those in authority.
6th : Throw your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve
- Philippines is the country given to us as a people. It is the birthplace of our race. It is the home of the Filipino. We should keep it beautiful.
- When we keep our environment and our country clean, we show our love for our people.
7th : Support your Church
- When we help our church, we help our Creator in His works on earth.
- Whenever we help our church, we show love for our neighbor.
8th : During elections, do your solemn duty
- When we fight for our votes, we fight for our right to make our own destiny, as a people and as a nation.
- There is love of neighbor when we elect good leaders for our country and people.
9th : Pay your employees well
- A company must bring prosperity not only to its owners but also to its employees. Blessings must be shared. It builds families. It builds our nation.
- There is love of neighbor when we value and pay our employees appropriately.
10th : Pay your taxes
- Taxes are the lifeblood of our government. It is what builds our public schools, hospitals and roads. It is what pays our teachers, soldiers and other public servants.
- There is love of neighbor whenever we pay our taxes properly so our government can help more people.
11th : Adopt a scholar or a poor child
- Investing on our youth is investing on our country’s future. Every family who can afford, should adopt one poor child as a scholar.
- There is love of neighbor whenever we help a child get an education.
12th : Be a good parent. Teach your kids to love our country
- If we start planting seeds of patriotism in the hearts and minds of our youth today, they would become giant patriots of our country someday.
- There is love of neighbor whenever we teach and raise our children as patriots, by loving our country through loving our people.
« Love of neighbor, God’s Second Highest Commandment, is contained in each of these 12 Little Things. »
Based on the Book
12 Little Things Filipinos Can Do To Help Our Country
by Alexander Lacson